View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Everything you mentioned of Prust is true, which is why I bought his Jersey, but the one thing you are forgetting, Prust is 5"10 and 190lbs at the most, if you are ok with him fighting Lucic, Boulton, Andrew Peters, eventually, he is going to get caught and get hurt, then you lose all of the intangiblies you mentioned.

You can't have one guy on your team who is tough and think you have the toughness aspect of the game covered.

Philly - Carcillo, Shelley, Coburn, Hartnell, Powe, Richards, Boyton, O'Donnell and Pronger.

Pens - Godard, Rupp, Engelland, Adams, Asham, Cooke, Tangradi and Kunitz

Bruins - Lucic, Chara, Boychuck, McQuaid, Campbell, Horton, Ference and Shane Hnidy.

Rangers - Prust, do you really want Dubi, Sauer, Cally fighting, that only makes use weaker.

The aforementioned teams have a balance of skill, grit and fighting.

I love the NY Rangers more than most, I love their heart and determination but there are spots on this team that can be filled with bruisers.

One spot on D and at least 2-3 forward spots that can be filled with rugged guy...it is up to Sather and Clark to fill those spots.
After this team's experience with Boogaard and Brashear over the past couple of years, I cant believe you're STILL making the case for an outdated goon. You have to be able to play the game to stick in the league these days, and thats a good thing.

But whats more incredible is you still hold onto the same tired argument that Lundqvist is getting run because we dont have a big useless goon on the bench. There is no such thing as a deterrant.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote