Thread: Speculation: The Value of JVR in a trade...
View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 06:14 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I honestly don't know what they should do with JVR. I'm a believer in the three year rule that by a player's third year in the NHL, they usually take a huge leap to the next level. It's held true with Carter, Richards, Umberger, and Giroux. At the same time, JVR was slotted to be given top minutes as a left winger and he's kind of disappointed. Some games, you can see the dominant skill in him, and in other games, he just floats and wafts. I sometimes wonder if he even wants to be in Philadelphia.

I know people are going to flame this, but I'm wondering if maybe Laviolette has been a bit of a negative impact on JVR's game in that he's moved JVR all over the place and that he's never really let JVR develop any sort of chemistry with anyone or the moment that there's a bit of chemistry, he gets moved elsewhere. I'm also wondering if Laviolette's kid glove handling of JVR might have had a negative affect as well.

Anyways, JVR is a bit of an enigma and everyone from coaching and management need to figure out what they are going to do with him.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote