View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 06:19 PM
eaglesmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cam Fowler plays as a 4th forward. Defensively weak and physically weak. McIlrath's upside is better than Fowler can dream. However, Fowler is more likely (actually, a lot more likely) to reach it than McIlrath.

McIlrath could be a guy with a big shot, a mean streak and be a great shutdown d.

Fowler is a points guy. Someone you don't want to put out against the other team's top players.

Pretty much McIlrath could be a lesser Chara.
Fowler can be a lesser Green.
The point of my post was to say that its impossible to predict where a player will go in the draft so making comments like player X will not be there at our pick, so we should not speak of him is a bit of a waste, unless its a for sure top 5 pick like RNH or Larsson.

If you want to argue about Mcilrath, fine.
Does he have a big shot? Yup
Does he hit hard? Yup
Does he have a good first pass? Nope
Can he handle the puck? Nope (I remember reading Mckeen's magazine who described his puckhandling as: "he handles the puck like its a live hand grenade")
How's his skating? Meh
Hockey sense? Sub-par
Could he become a lesser Chara? Anything is possible I suppose.

A player can add muscle. A player can learn defensive positioning(ask Pk). What a player can't learn is talent or poise. And when it comes down to it Fowler is miles ahead in both skill and poise with the puck then is Mcilrath.