View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 02:01 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Everyone thinks I am in love with Boogie and I was excited when we signed him but this year has taught me you need more complete players...but with that being said, Boogie is here until he is not and Tort's has to find a way to get him involved.

All the fans who want to turn hockey into figure skating will only view me as a goon lover and I do enjoy a good fight...i know there is more to hockey than just that...but i could care less what they think.
Boogaard or no Boogaard I've seen no gaping hole in the lineup now that we've spent the entire second half of the season without a "goon."

I don't mind guys that can cycle the puck, throw a couple pucks on net, keep the puck in the offensive zone. That's what made Sjostrom-Betts-Orr really affective. So don't get me wrong, it's not like I want to ban fighting or I think it's pointless. But Boogaard's a complete waste and I don't think a goon is necessary if you have adequate team toughness and a top of the line middleweight like Prust that will go with anyone and usually hold his own and protect himself at the least.

And like I said, we don't know anything about Boogaard at this point. His career could be over. I'd imagine there'd be updates if anyone thought he was relevant...his cap number will make it a story this off-season I'm sure.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote