View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 02:07 AM
v-man

vCash: 500
Sucks for the States that Anderson won't be going. I saw him play in 06 and he looked good on the big ice. After last year's near catastrophe (where they were one goal away from being relegated) I'm sure they want to put together the best team possible. I expect USA Hockey to be a bit more insistent with top players this time around.

Spezza played great in Halifax. I see no reason why he wouldn't be chosen, if only for veteran leadership. Unlike other team Canada members I met in Hali, who were doing Jager shots til two in the morning before a game day, he stuck to water (at least when I saw him), which says a lot about his commitment to the team.

I've heard from sources quoting Russian papers that Gonchar has already said he won't be playing due to his health problems.

Obviously Wick and Daugy depend on how deep the B-Sens go in the AHL playoffs (assuming they hold on to their spot, which they should). I know Latvia will be severely undermanned this year, with many top guys injured, still playing or refusing to play, so if Kaspar makes it it would be a huge help to the team, especially being in the toughest first round pool. He has a history of doing well against the Danes, including a hat trick in exhibition play, which would be a huge help in that most likely decisive game.

v-man is online now   Reply With Quote