View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJS280 View Post
Exactly. I don't want to speculate, but I find it unlikely for the tibia to be broken, and the fibula really does very little in supporting the leg. A broken fibula can be walked on. If it is just the fibula and its nothing major, he could be rehabing within 2 weeks.

Who knows though, could be much worse than I think.
You are spot on. Doubt he broke his tibia. He wouldn't have been able to come out for the salute if he had. He likely broke the fibula based on where he got hit. He also likely broke it just above the bump that makes up the ankle. If he is in a walking boot it's a good sign that a. it's not displaced and b. relatively small. Based on what has come out, he doesn't need surgery which also indicates clean break and no ligament/tendon injury.

The thing with a fracture in this area is that if it doesn't set right it can make him more susceptible to stress fractures and lead to instability and because of this you don't want to rush it.

I've had multiple fractures in my fibula in the last 3 years and know all too well the damage that an incorrectly set bone can cause.

It's probably safe to say that they don't really know what is going on because of swelling and because of this the timetable for him returning is unknown.

I wish him all the best. He is a great player and you can tell he loves the game and his team and the fans. He's one of those guys who truly stands for what the organization is about. He is your version of a guy like Patrice Bergeron.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote