View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kennedy View Post
anybody have dieting tips?

this is the one thing I've never been able to get down... hard time getting in the frame of mind, but I hate how flabby my lower body is
What has always worked for me is smaller meals throughout the day. I don't follow Atkins, but for weight loss, some things the plan says as far as how body chemistry works is true (especially when it comes to blood sugar and things.) You want to eat small meals that keep your blood sugar at an even keel. You don't have the up's and you don't have the downs. If you can master this, your body is going to always be burning calories and fat, and will never enter starvation mode, which usually leads to gorging.

Time of eating is just as important as what you're eating. Think of your body as a fire. Throwing in things like cake, cookies, white bread, bleached flour, and the like is like throwing kindling on a fire. Quickly burns up (body processes simple carbs quicker), it burns hot (short burst of energy), and you then have to quickly put more wood on to get the fire to burn (they simple carbs become wasted calories because you get very little, if any benefit from them), and your body constantly needs more and more and more to keep going, hence, blowing any sort of ability to follow a calorie reduced diet.

Eating complex carbs and lean meats are like through logs on the fire. The are big, they burn for a while, and you can get a real efficient burn if you use them. Blood sugar constantly stays level, so your body doesn't switch modes, and it is constantly eating away at stored calories.

If you eat about 2000-2400 calories a day in lean meats and complex carbs throughout the day, coupled with cardio that stokes your metabolism, you'll very seriously start see weight falling off of you. When I do this, I have lost upwards of 40 lbs in 6 weeks (admittedly, I would lose 8-10 lbs the first week-10 days or so, then consistently lose 5-6 lbs a week.)

I wouldn't follow Atkins, but I'd read the website...atkins.com.