View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
BEL4SEPICMULLET

vCash: 500
Hello, everyone...I've played hockey since I was 5 and kind of ruined my playing career when I picked up a guitar, but still managed to play for a couple years with the Illini. I played really seriously in bands after college and was somewhat of a "hipster" that refused to pay attention to sports during that time, despite my past history as a jock...really dumb now that I look back on it.

I did a little side acoustic cover gig that Mark Bell and Tyler Arnason used to come out to occasionally because the guy I played covers with cracked them up...good guys, I'm sorry their careers didn't go exactly as planned because they were both really good for a couple years with the Hawks. Still, I was pretty focused on music and didn't really pay all that much attention to the Hawks or the NHL in general.

It was a spring game in the 2008-2009 season, however at UC that got me hooked again. It was the 6-5 comeback shootout victory against San Jose that kind of slapped me in the face and showed me what I had been missing all these years. After that, I've been pretty much hooked on the Hawks and the NHL, and especially the draft and prospects...hence my appearance here.

I've been lurking for a while...Massive and BWC, you guys, especially, crack me up and I enjoy your posts. I probably won't be as omnipresent as some of you guys, but know, as a lurker, I really enjoy reading everyone's comments. Cheers.

BEL4SEPICMULLET is offline   Reply With Quote