View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Blue Line Monster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Having a 7th guy against Jersey might be good insurance . Gilroy would help on the forecheck with his speed even without pasting anybody into the boards .

Speed causes turnovers and the Devils are not that swift in their own backend IMO . Zucc just was not cutting it . Gilroy can also help the PP because at least he will shoot the puck without spending 5 minutes teeing it up before blasting it at the net...which would be a big change for our team who have to be the absolute worst at point shots on the PP .

Go Gilroy go !!! Who knows...he might be desperate now and will be looking for a contract for next year...one can only hope !

Gilroy isn't very fast, I'd say Zucc has more speed than Gilroy. Gilroy's a good skater in the sense that his skating looks nice with his stride, but he wasn't even very good at recovering from mistakes as a defenseman and was easily beaten to the outside a lot..

Also, you want him to shoot? He might have the worst shot in the NHL. That thing might be slower than Gomez's. I think I'd rather have Boogard shooting than gilroy..

Anyway, I guess he'll be fine as a warm body on the 4th line, but Zucc would make a lot more sense..

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote