View Single Post
Old
08-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws
Two great, young players. Detroit is extremely unlikely to be able to keep both, since according to the Detroit Free Press, the Wings have about $10 million left to sign Datsyuk, Zetterberg, defenseman Niklas Kronwall, a goaltender, another defenseman and a few third and fourth liners. Datsyuk is asking for $4M, Zetterberg for $2.5M. It would likely take a good young prospect or two, or a prospect and a pick to wrestle one of these guys (most likely Datsyuk because of his asking price) from Detroit.

Say Brown and Cammy or Brown/Cammy and a pick? No question Detroit is hearing some good deals being offered for one of those two guys, so they wouldn't come cheap. But, both are young and very talented. Datsyuk at $4M versus Ziggy at $4.5 or so? Hmmm.
Good idea, but I'm afraid it's just fantasy hockey.
Those 2 players are the future of the Wings, I can't believe they re-signed SteveY & Schneider just to find themselves back against the wall, being forced to trade their best 2 young assets. This said, Detroit will ask for players to win now, not Cammy & Brown.

My 0.2