View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Vexxed14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
Yeah, but can you REALLY argue with 50% of the team's goals. Who is going to pick up the slack? That's an astronomical figure for one single player

Also, I sort of agree with him with point #1, Canada's games shouldn't be on artificial turf, but duty should be split between Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver once they all have their MLS stadiums ready. It's a valid point to not want to play International games on artificial turf, but didn't they add grass at BMO field?
Yes you can argue with 50% of the teams goals. The club is bigger than the player and allowing that type of culture is far worse than worrying about replacing talent.

The reason I was excited about Aron Winter is the same reason I was excited about Burke. They bring with them a certain level of respect and expectations that will transform their club. There presence will pay long term benefits even if they don't achieve short term gain.

TFC needed a culture shock, big time. If we don't want to have a Mickey Mouse club, this is where you start