Thread: Zherdev
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 07:56 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I've said this in another thread, but I'll leave it here anyway.

If we play like we should, I think we have a solid enough team that can hide Zherdev's inadequate defensive efforts. With Richards, Carter, Giroux, Hartnell, Versteeg in the top nine there are enough forwards who are responsible defensively. van Riemsdyk has been pretty good lately as well. I'd rather have Zherdev than Nödl or Carcillo in the top 9.

I doubt very much he'll be back next season though...
I agree with you on almost every point, but i would give even more credit to JVR...

when HE gets beat, its because "hes a forward on the point, so he didnt see that coming"...this kid skates backwards smoother than coburn (loving coburn recently BTW),
poke checks more effectively than carle (im no carle hater),
and is back-checking better than carter (i think carters been good at back checking since his new contract)

overall JVR knows ALL aspects of the game, and hes only going to improve in them all, and in putting them together (and ******* strength/endurance training!!!!)

also, i agree with you that Z will be departing next year (something im bummed about)...but if its any consolation, i think he'll be in the KHL so hopefully he wont be killing us next year (unless he goes to a team like the caps >< )

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote