View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I would say take a poll...but you and all your buddies think alike.
Yes, all of his "buddies" understand the fundamental tenets of the sport and are able to make conclusions based on abundant evidence and good old common sense.

Quote:
Everyone is in love with Richards and Flower...but I would take Clowe and McIlrath and then having small skilled guys like Thomas, Horak, Bourque, Zucc and Hagelin wouldn't be a hinderance.
So not only would that team still lack a single elite playmaking center, but you actually think that all of those players are going to be on this team, and that they'll all be as good as you expect? All of them? Really?

But who cares, because we'll have McIlrath in the lineup. He'll really shore up our big problems with our 5th ranked defense.

Quote:
I will bet you anything you want...if Bruins and Habs meet up...the Bruins will destroy the Habs...if the rangers do not incorporate size and grit, we will be another version of the Habs.
WOW! What a prediction! You mean the Bruins, who are better at every position than the Habs, are going to destroy them? And then you go on to say that we will be another version of the Habs? Remarkable. What insight. Never mind the fact that we already are incredibly similar to the Habs, primarily because of the fact that both teams are bereft of high-end skill and talent.

Quote:
I always used the '94 team as a point of reference, that is how you build a winning team, guys who could play and break your face if they had to.
And, as always, your point of reference is completely irrelevant, since we are in the year 2011 and the game and the way it is played has changed rather dramatically, whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Can't have all pansies on your team, as much as you would like that.
By pansies, you of course mean hockey players who aren't interested in engaging in a pointless and, in most cases, boring "fight" that serves absolutely no purpose and in almost every case, fails to impact the game in any way, shape or form.

Perhaps you could actually argue against the point that people who disagree with you are making rather than using words like "pansies," but I suppose you'd have to be capable of crafting such an argument to make it.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote