View Single Post
Old
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Sports1131

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I have several choice words for MLB for having ended my childhood.
Seriously, that league is run by morons. They make profit off of the success of like, 7 teams, and the rest have no realistic shot at the World Series. Yeah, the Rangers made the World Series last year, but guaranteed, you play that season a hundred times over, it wouldn't have happened.
The whole Loria/Samson/Selig conspiracy still gets to me to this day.
You don't have to convince me. Selig, Loria, Samson, Brochu and his consortium...all crooked slimeballs. That whole Expos-Marlins-Red Sox swap was disgustingly illegal. Just thinking about the way everything went down makes my blood boil.

You're 100% right about the economics of baseball. I think it was just two years ago that Alex Rodriguez made more than the entire Florida Marlins roster (which of course is heavily subsidized by revenue sharing). Makes me really sad to think about the 2003 season though...those Expos were every bit as good as the Marlins team that won the World Series. MLB just wouldn't allow it by refusing September call-ups (as much an emotional hit as anything) and then the San Juan "homestand" right when the team was catching fire.

Grrrr, some things you just don't get over.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote