View Single Post
Old
04-07-2011, 09:04 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
This is hilarious. Even with all your "if healthy's" the Rangers aren't even close to those teams. You really think 5 20 goal scorers are gonna carry a team the way 2 90-100+ point forwards would?

Also, Gaborik doesn't impact a game like those teams leading scorers did. Callahan impacts every game much more than Gaborik..

Our defense compares to those teams? really? Lidstrom had 70 points. Rafalski had 55 points and would be our leading scorer. keith had 69 points, and the Hawks had 3 other d-man with around 35.

Our top pair has been great defensively and I love what McD and Sauer have done as rooks, but you would like to get some offense from the blueline too..

Anyway, I like the direction the team is going, but this team has nowhere near the top end talent of the other teams that have won the Cup. If they win a round I would consider it a success to get experience for the young guys..

I don't know how anyone considers them Cup contenders though..
It's not all about how many points a players has. What I see is a Ranger team that has:

The 4th best Goal differential in the NHL (+35)
The 4th best Goals against (GAA) let up in the NHL (193 goals against)
The 13th most GF (Goals scored) in the NHL. (228 goals scored)

This is a team that can compete and win. Hank has to play elite in the playoffs in which he is capable.

I understand the goal scoring is not the 1984 Edmonton Oilers but the goal scoring is enough to get the job done and more. This team needs someone step up in the playoffs and needs Hank to play elite in the playoffs.

It would be interesting to see where Montreal ranked in goal scoring in the NHL last year also where the past Stanley cup champs ranked in the NHL in goal scoring for that year.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote