View Single Post
Old
04-07-2011, 09:15 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Reading the list of players that has allready turned this team down, makes me pessimistic about what kind of team that could be put together.

Assuming Omark and Backlund will be sent to the bleeding AHL-playoffs :/, and that there will be a whole lot of no's:

Centers:

Nilsson - Persson -
Thörnberg - - Lindström
Pääjärvi - -
Axelsson - Sjögren - Andersson
Tedenby

Karlsson - Ekholm
Gunnarsson -
Petrasek

?
?
?

Goalies:
Erik Ersberg
Viktor Fasth
Henrik Karlsson

I just couldn't figure out what d-men to put in the lineup. Hopefully there will be some more d-men from NHL, but they probably turs down the offer. Fernholm is not a good option, Staffan Kronwall looks completely out of shape, Sebastian Erixon and Magnus Johansson are injured, the Skellefteå youngsters are good but have looked a bit too shaky in the playoffs for my taste. Ekholm looks out of shape too, but meh you got to pick someone.

From what i've read Berglund and Steen are longshots too, but well Sweden got to send some kind of team to this tournament, hopefully they show up. Otherwise im hoping that the old wjc-crew still got some loyalty to Mårts.
It's is hard to say YES to the national team this time of the year because that may be a symbol for non-comittment to the league team. I think many who have second thoughts about WC already has made it clear.

Before the catastroscope hits Tre Kronor (Team Suisse Cheese) all but a few of the following (more probable than not) players has to turn down an invitation: (I use your players as a starting point)

(That is all but the Sedins, Bäckström, a hardhitter and the Red Wings )

Forwards:

Eriksson
Hörnqvist
Berglund
Steen
Påhlsson
Wallin R (Färjestad Bollklubb)
Modin
Wandell
Sjöström
Harju
Krüger
Stålberg
Engqvist
Andersson (KHL)
Jämtin (SEL)
Melin (NLA)
Alfredsson (NHL)

Defense:

Enström (either him or Karlsson is a must, though)
Hjalmarsson or Hedman (plays better team in first round)
Oduya
Rundblad (SEL)
Grossman
Öhlund
Ekman-Larsson
Adam "1" Larsson
Frögren

Goaltending:

Gustavsson
Lundqvist

Nilsson
Fasth

------------------

Lindbäck and Enroth (these two could be AHL heroes this spring, not sent down at all or lose out in the first round of AHL playoffs)

And...worse things have happened than if Bäckström, Zetterberg or the Sedins lose fast...

Last edited by jfc64: 04-09-2011 at 03:34 AM.
jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote