View Single Post
Old
04-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I dont have a cool logo...I feel left out.

Millionares:

Steve Shutt-Howie Morenz-Daniel Briere
John Leclair-Eric Lindros-Kenny Wharram
John Tonelli-Walt Tkazkuc-Bobby Schmautz
Tomas Holmstrom-Kris Draper-Adam Deadmarsh

Flash Hollett-Tim Horton
Ebbie Goodfellow-Keith Magnusson
Roman Hamrlik-Robert Svehla

Lorne Chabot
Nik Khabibulin

Spares: Yashin, Parise, Visnovski, xxxx

PP1: Leclair-Lindros-Morenz-Goodfellow-Hollett
PP2: Shutt-Tonelli-Wharram-Horton-Hamrlik

PK1: -Tkaczuk-Schmautz-Magnuson-Horton
PK2: -Tonelli-Draper-Goodfellow-Svehla
You're the first team I see without a review (aside from mine). Probably won't be as detailed as some we've seen, but just a few impressions.

- Shutt and Morenz are a great combo on the 1st line, and I can see them being very effective. I drafted Shutt in the past and I remember reading that the man could backcheck, and I think Morenz did too, so a solid pair all-around. Obviously, Briere is way out of place here, but I don't see anyone else who can really fill his shoes

- Same deal on line #2. Leclair and Lindros are deadly together, and have proven chemistry, which is always a plus. A physically imposing duo who will score on any team's goaltender at least a few times. Again, Wharram probably drags them down a bit, but not too bad IMO.

- Tonelli and Tkaczuk are two favourites of mine. Never had the chance to draft Tonelli, but Walt was my $4 center in my first ever ATD, and I learned a lot about him. He's a great 3rd line center in a 40 team ATD. I honestly don't know very much about Schmautz though

- Holmstrom is solid, but why isn't he on the PP? Just because of his...err...talent, I'd put him there over Wharram. He's one of the best at what he does. Draper is probably for the PK, I assume? I'm a big Deadmarsh fan aswell

- I like how you split Horton and Goodfellow. Both can probably be #1 defensemen in a 40 team draft...or close to it.

- Chabot is a solid, mid-tier starter. He certainly won't cost you any games, but I doubt he'll win you any.

- Deadly 1st PP, but I still think Holmstrom should be somewhere in one of those PP units, unless there's something I don't know about Kenny Wharram. Maybe I'm overrating Holmstrom, but I honestly don't know much about how he plays when he's not standing in front of the net. That's his bread and butter.

- PK Units look fine to me also

- I still hate Yashin, but that's not your fault

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote