ATD 2011 Line-up Assassination Thread
View Single Post
04-07-2011, 03:01 PM
The French Tickler
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Originally Posted by
Head Coach: Mike Babcock
Captain: Derian Hatcher
Assistant Captains: Barney Stanley, Kirk Muller, Jacques Lemaire
#9 Bobby Hull - #25 Jacques Lemaire - #19 Vic Stasiuk
#11 Kirk Muller* - #21 Peter Forsberg - #16 Brett Hull
#23 Chris Drury - #7 Neal Broten - #4 Jimmy Ward
#10 Gaetan Duchesne - #27 Doug Jarvis - #14 Barney Stanley
#15 Craig Janney
#24 Bill Fairbairn
#2 Derian Hatcher - #3 Reg Noble
#5 Ulf Samuelsson - #28 Brian Rafalski
#17 Rod Seiling - #20 Jyrki Lumme
#33 Ron Stackhouse
#8 Miroslav Dvorak
#1 Harry Lumley
#31 Mike Liut
Forsberg - Hull - Muller*
Hull - Rafalski
Lemaire - Stasiuk - Drury*
Broten - Noble/Lumme
Jarvis - Duchesne
Hatcher - Noble
Broten - Drury
Samuelsson - Seiling
Jarvis - Ward
Hatcher - Noble
other F's who could get SHTOI: Muller, Stanley, Lemaire, Fairbairn
* takes faceoffs. Muller was a very good faceoff man, while Forsberg was not. i put Hull and Stasiuk in the middle on PP b/c they will be playing there: Stasiuk at the net, Hull in the slot.
i don't think the jerseys need advertisements, so here are the jerseys:
- A wonderful top 6. You absolutely did the right thing by splitting up Bobby and Brett. Lemaire is still a perfectly solid partner for Hull, who just needs someone to get the puck over to him. He can do the rest.
- Forsberg is probably in my top 5 non-Habs players of all-time. Love the way he plays, and he falls into the Eric Lindros category of "how much better could he have been?". Kirk Muller is probably a poor 2nd liner here, but I understand why he's up there
- Decent 3rd line. Don't know very much about Ward, but Broten and Drury were both very adequate performers.
- Like the 4th line, if you're going for shutdown. Duchesne was a very strong PKer whom I forgot about when I was picking, and Jarvis is someone you certainly don't have to worry about getting injured, and he's also quite good.
- In my honest opinion, your defense, as a whole, is average at best. I've actually never seen anyone use Reg Noble as a defenseman, so I really find that to be intriguing. Hatcher is also a good shutdown guy.
- Rafalski and Ulf are good contrast, the typical offense/defense pairing.
- I honestly don't know much about Seiling, and Lumme stopped playing right around the time I got into hockey.
- The way you've listed your PP units somewhat confuses me. I understand Muller/Drury are the face-off men, but then what?
- No issues with the PK units
- Babcock is a solid coach who will likely continue to rise in the rankings. He may be top 15-20 material soon, if he isn't already
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Dwight