View Single Post
Old
04-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
Hmm.. that's a fair point. But how do you "quantify" that? For a guy with his reputation as "one of the best at what he does", I really would like to see a quantified analysis of it, simply because it's hard to gauge just how effective he'd be in the ATD. If his reputation holds true, then he's likely to boost PP offense simply by just being there, and that in and of itself demands that he gets drafted higher than usual (how many guys can that actually be said of?).
You can't, but there's many unquantifiable things in the ATD that we take as true. How do we quantify defensive excellence, really? Number of newspaper quotes?

We're fortunate enough to be in a position where we are all able to watch Holmstrom live, so we don't need quotes or quantifiable stats to justify something like "how effective Holmstrom is at screening the goalie". Screening the goalie is generally an effective offensive practice, and Holmstrom never seems to shy away from doing it. He's certainly the strongest and most consistent "front man" I've seen since I've started watching.

But no, it's not quantifiable. You're right on that regard.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote