Thread: OT: Music
View Single Post
04-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Buddy The Elf
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by GaryLivingston View Post
I got started in photography shooting concerts. I have been to over 500 easily. I've seen 311 75+ times and Incubus 45+, it must be well over 500 concerts total....anyhow, At The Drive-In was the best concert I have ever seen.

The energy and musicianship was outta control. This was right after Relationship of Command came out. The next time I saw them was the month they broke up. That show was just as insane but, more of a downer because you could tell they didn't want to be there at that point.

Just the same, most intense energy band.

Other bands that have come real close with bringing that energy live: Incubus in 1998 (S.C.I.E.N.C.E. tour), These Arms Are Snakes (the last two years before they split), and Thursday (Full Collapse tour). Just balls out all over the stage and in the fans' faces craziness.

Mars Volta just needs to work with Rick Rubin more. Omar doesn't know how to edit down the songs for album play right. All those parts are fun live but, it gets tiresome listening to it live. They need Rick to tell them which parts to leave off the album to keep the songs from losing their cohesion.

The newest album is pretty great. Omar has come a long way since their second album. But, it still needs some work. The first track should not take ****ing two minutes for the music to start up. That's just obnoxious. It's not artistic and suspense building or whatever he was going for.
Now there is a great band. I never saw them play and I didn't realize they stopped playing either.

Some great instrumental bands I like are Pelican, Red Sparrows and the Cancer Conspiracy.

I saw somebody post Tom Petty and he is one of my favorites of all time because Full Moon Fever was one of the first tapes I bought with my own money is saved up. I remember buying it at Target when I was about 8 years old and I was so happy.

Another favorite that never gets old are the Beach Boys. Love 'em.

So anyone listen to music they are embarrassed to admit? Haha! I have Sarah McLachlan all over my iPod. I love her. I love a woman playing a piano. I heard this girl on top 40 radio named Sara Bareilles and I ended up getting her album too. It isn't that great though but I do really like a few songs.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote