View Single Post
Old
04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
jarek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
Probaby not, I don't feel like taking the time and I'm willing to assume that the Detroit coaching staff and their elite PP know what they are doing.

If you want to perform the analysis it could be done by checking the PP scoring from Detroit game logs on nhl.com's stat page, and then checking Holmstrom's game log at hockey-reference. Make sure to send a copy to Mike Babcock!

From what I've seen, guys like Holmstrom who play in front of the net get fewer power play points than forwards in other PP roles. I think this says more about the limitations of points as an offensive metric than the usefulness of a net presence.
That sounds like way more work than it's worth. It's too bad, because I think it's insane that a guy like Holmstrom gets elevated from AA draft to ATD because of what he can do with around 2-5 minutes of ice time per game on the PP. When you think about it that way, and the fact that he brings literally nothing else, it's actually kinda disturbing. I'm thinking more and more than Holmstrom, PP or not, really should just drop to sub-MLD.

jarek is offline   Reply With Quote