View Single Post
Old
04-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Touche, mostly just trying to express my distaste for the league. I'm sure there are lots a decent people in the league, but if the cops have to get involved multiple times in one playoffs then there are clearly plenty of d-bags too, seems like a league that people are taking way too seriously. The fact that the league itself stole money from customers doesn't help its image.

With that being said, my comments were off base. There are plenty of older guys on my team, all are great players and great guys too. Still, when I do encounter those odd beer leaguers who get way too chippy/dirty (never seen anything like this, but plenty of slashes, hits from behind, etc.), they do tend to be almost always underskilled, fairly often overbellied, and always guys who take the league way too seriously, guys who think that because goons pull this stuff in the NHL, it's fine for them to pull it in a beer league, the classic "weekend warrior" types. My age comment was way off since these guys come in all ages in my experience.
All good.

P.S. in two instances I played for a few games in the MHL. Both times I did not like my experience.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote