Old
04-07-2011, 07:30 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I respectfully disagree.

Kreider is not only ready to play in the NHL but he has the skill level to be a top six player. Right now.

I look a guy like Michael Grabner, as see what he's doing in Long Island, and then watch Kreider, and feel there is no reason at all that Kreider can't impact the Rangers similarly 5v5 and on the PP and PK.

Kreider is obviously younger, but he's also bigger, faster, and has more skill overall.

IMO, the only thing that could hold back Kreider is confidence. But he's a confident kid, and smart, there's no reason he can't step in next year and make an impact.
I just don't think Kreider's game is there... Between watching him in WJC and some BC games that have aired on TV, he makes some strong plays here and there, but he really doesn't have that consistent impact on the ice when he's out there... It's hard to describe but I think on more shifts he's around the puck and watching the play then really being involved in it. I don't see him as an impact player at this point at the NCAA level so I don't see why he would be one (at this point) at the NHL level...

Hagelin has been that player for the Wolverines and if you come across and of his point production stats in terms of GWG's, multi-point games, or his point production against ranked opponents, it's a testament to that.... He's decisively ahead of Kreider in that regard....

Just because Chris may be bigger, stronger, and faster (not by much), I don't think that gives him an edge over Hagelin in terms of who's ready to step into the NHL and make an impact and contribute right now. Maybe down the road, but not right now IMHO.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote