View Single Post
Old
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Ramirez is one of the best hitters baseball has seen since he entered the league, and his BA was .298 in what was an "off" year 2010. Furthermore, his OBP blew any of our players out of the water. I'm not huge on Damon at 7 mil, but to say we have no real bats is pretty ridiculous. Plus, we're supposed to be a small ball team, for the most part. To have success, we need solid pitching, good defense, and smart hitting. The guys just need to put good swings on the ball and get on base, and we'll grind away. This team doesn't need to crush homers to win.

Derek Shelton is a disgrace to baseball and a massive hindrance to our offense, so at this point we can only hope the players smarten up at the plate.
By bats I didnt necessarily mean home runs, I meant offense in general.

Ramirez has been on his way down for the past few seasons IMO with his attitude. I think this is the year his attitude effects his stats as well. Im sure he will do a few good things but there will be more negative than positive with him Im sure.

Shelton, obviously is a major problem, but it cant all be put on him. Theres not much power or contact ability on this team to create offense at will like there has been in the past few years.

The team has solid defense, ok pitching at best (when taking all pitching areas into account), and not much of an offense to speak of.

I just think its gonna be a looooooong season.