nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Yes, but . . . .

This.

What makes you think we'll overachieve with another coach? Why risk completely revamping the team and personnel when there's absolutely no guarantee that his replacement surpasses realistic expectations?

Slats is the problem. He has been the problem. But, you don't fire a head coach that has his pubescent, injured team in playoff position.

What exactly is wrong with Torts, if you don't mind me asking? Do you prefer the softer team Renney deployed? A team that tried to win 1-0? Should we re-visit some of the coaching deficiencies guys like Muckler, Lowe, or ****ing Trots possessed?

When I hear fans complaining about coaches, I think -- The fan's too stupid to identify the real problem with the team. He's blaming the coach, because he simply doesn't understand the dynamics involved in the game. Stupid people, make it difficult for the few fans that actually 'get it'.

You're not even close ,to being stupid. You can turn into an everyday crack/meth head, and your opinion will be at the top of my list. I view you as a guy that understands things.

I just can't agree with your outlook though. You don't fire a coach that has his team a number of games over .500. A coach that can't even give his starting goaltender a night off. Or his banged up, over-used 1st pairing dmen. A coach that has lost the fire to his team twice to injury this season. A coach that can't get his former 40G scoring winger in motion. Anyone blaming Torts, are just looking for the easy way out, imo. Or, they dislike him to the point where they don't care who replaces him. They think any type of change is going to have a positive turnaround.

That's ****ing scary thinking right now.
Thank you for the kind words.

I really do plan on responding to this. Not right now though, I've had enough.

I'll get back to you tomorrow. I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette and go to bed...

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote