Thread: OT: Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2011, 02:49 AM
BigAndy32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Does anyone know a good workout schedule for someone new at the gym? i wanna bulk up but i have no muscle so it will take a while. I just got home from my 2nd day at the gym. I go Monday, Wednesday, Friday for 30 minutes.

First 5 minutes i spend on the bike to get the blood flowing, and my last 10 minutes i go on the bike again. I plan to perhaps 1 day go every day for 1 hour. Maybe 2 if i like it....
First thing's first ... the diet. Eat alot of carbs. don't eat big portions 3 times a day, eat medium portions 6 times a day.

70% of what you achieve at the gym is due to the diet.

Now, for the gym part ...

I would suggest you go 4-5 days a week.
If you want to bulk up, I suggest to do each muscle individually.

Here`s an example:

Monday: Chest and triceps (4 exercises of each)
Tuesday: Biceps and Legs (4 exercises of biceps, 6-8 exercises of legs)
Wednesday: Shoulders and forearms (5 exercices shoulders, 2 exercices forearms)
Thursday: Back and cardio (6 back exercises and more cardio)

Let me break it down for you.

Each day, you are to do some cardio before and after each workout (10 minutes each is enough) Don`t do too much cardio, we don`t want you to lose fat, we want you to turn that fat into muscle.

For each muscle, since you want to gain weight, each exercises should have 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps. You really need to push your muscles to the limit for them to grow. If you get to your 6-8 rep and you still can go, it means you didn`t take heavy enough.

If you do everything right and at a decent pace, you should be at the gym for about an hour and a half per session

One VERY important thing is "Muscle confusion" ... this is the best!!!

Anyways, if you need more info, inbox me.
I`ve been training for the last 5 years on a regular basis and went from 190lbs to now 245 (And no, i didn`t take roids).
I can send you one of my programs and give you some in-dept explanations