Thread: Newsday: Grabner to get good deal
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2011, 05:57 AM
BillD

vCash: 500
Speculation runs rampant for fantasy GMs.
I might as well guess also. Somewhere between the Moulson 1 year and extension deal for 3 years. That would peg it at average $2.8MM per. He will want a bit more, and might get it, or we might offer some reachable bonus clauses such as 40 goals etc.

Bailey will get a QO and not much more. He hasn't earned more with his play, and we have his rights for a number of years more, so he has little to bargain with and won't negatively effect the budget.

Comeau will get a nicer raise than many here are thinking. He is a player whose games played, ice time, role and numbers (scoring, hits) have increased year-over-year. He made $600K this year. If they gave PAP $1.2MM to mess up the JT line, then Comeau will get at least that, probably a bit more because he is on both special teams and scored more goals but less points. It will not be less than PAP, the question is the term, which will probably be 1 year.

KO gets it in the neck because of the injury. Stats can't be used to make a case for himself, and scoring numbers since return have not been impressive.
I would think that Garth will want him under contract for 3 years but not long enough for his UFA year. That might mean a 2 year deal but KO will miss out on big bucks this time. I expect him to come in around what Comeau will get.
It wont ruin the budget structure.

Planning for next year with these 3 contracts this year will create space for Frans and JT next year. JT will cash in nicely, Frans will get up in the $2.5-$3.0 range.

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote