Thread: Speculation: Voracek
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2011, 10:39 AM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
And you know this from where you sit on the other end of the country because.....????
They apparently have not invented planes, automobiles, telephones, television and e-mail where you are yet. So, I'd like to be the first to say, "Welcome to the future Man From the Early 1800's!" They all said you were crazy, but your time machine is clearly a rousing success. Bully for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitter on the point View Post
I will place a friendly wager that both Savard, and Johansen will be on the Roster opening night next season. Savard has been the best defenseman for Springfield this season, he is a right shot, and can run the powerplay. He has 10 goals and 29 assists in 69 games. Even if we go out and pick up an offensive defenseman, a true #1 defenseman, there is pleanty of room for Savard. Heck, look how good Clitsome looked compared to the rest of our defenseman this season.
This is some entertaining political jujitsu on your part. I said Savard and Moore. Now you've morphed it into Savard and Johansen. Beyond that, I'm not accepting wagers the winning of which would require me to have faith that Howson isn't dumb enough to throw two kids on the roster before they should be. If Savard is on the roster, it'd best be because he's taking the place of a guy like Kris Russell, not because our GM failed to get veterans--counterintuitive as it is, the influx of young defenseman necessitates an influx of some veterans (which we are thin on) for the sake of balance.

Quote:
I think the depth some were referring to were, Kubilak, Calvert, Atkinson, Filatov, Mayarov, Johansen, all guys that may have the potential to play in the top 9 in our future. (3 skill lines)
Mayorov and Filatov? I love that Atkinson is the new flavor of the month amongst all those that worship at the alter of prospects.

I want to see actual depth at the NHL level. Not hypothetical depth down on the farm.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote