View Single Post
Old
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Obviously their are limits on what he should be given. As I've stated before I wouldn't like anything more than a 5 year contract.

He's coming back from a concussion and still putting up nearly a ppg. He also lost his best friend and top linemate for the past couple years. So not only is he not at 100% health wise, but the guy he had the most chemistry with is gone. I'd say both occurrences will take a toll on his production.

In addition, overall, the stars just aren't that good.

74 points in 70 games this year and 91 points in 80 games last year. The guy is elite, why are you trying to prove he's not?
I am not...I am just stating his numbers. Math doesn't lie. The concussion scares me. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him but I think he is going to command a lot and be given a lot.

The majority of the fans are looking to run Gabby out of town, I just see the same thing happening with Richards if his production was to slip and the most important thing to understand is the Rangers have to pay up for Dubi, Cally, AA and Boyle and then Drury would have to retire.

I am willing to live with the growing pains and not lock up long term big money on Free Agents because I want to save that cap space for our homegrown kids.

I am not saying I am right or you are wrong, I have been around long enough to know that signing Free Agents has usually worked against us more times than not.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote