View Single Post
Old
08-06-2005, 06:38 AM
chris39bong

vCash: 500
None of those are bad proposals, but SJ would never do any of them. KJ is a quality d-man, what i like to call a 2nd tier allstar, but Stuart turned a major corner in 03/04 and is finally starting to put it all together. I'm too lazy to get into specifics at the moment, but today they're pretty much equal d-men with different strengths, weaknesses, and abilities. In the (very near) future, however, Stuart will become the better player. The only question remaining is how much better? No way will SJ, a team so big on chemistry, trade present equal value when they're current player is younger, cheaper, and has the higher upside. W. Primeau is also the type of 3rd/4th liner that'll be extremely valuable in the new NHL with his combination of size, speed, two-way ability, and versatility. Their recent losses of Ricci and Harvey makes his presence on the team that much more important. It would also take more than a 2nd rounder to land Cheech. Which is too bad because Cheechoo would be almost a near perfect linemate for Forsberg. Finally, SJ historically has had little use for enforcers, and so i doubt they'll trade for one of the most overpriced enforcers on the market when they already have a guy who is well respected as a fighter and better suited for the 4th line duty in which SJ employs their enforcers, if at all.