View Single Post
Old
04-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Brown puts up 50 points a season. He's nothing more then what Callahan is to this team. You want to trade our most talented forward for Dustin Brown? This team needs someone like Corry Perry (Not that I haven't noticed him until now). Need someone who will be able to play as a power forward, get in people's faces and rub people the wrong way, all while potting 30 goals a year. This is the kind of player I hope Grachev can turn into. He's got the size and the skill to do it. If he can get a mean streak going, he'd be perfect.

Gaborik not scoring is the issue with this team, as much as it is with the whole team not doing it, but to trade away Gaborik would leave the team with a bigger hole then the subsequent pieces they get for him, unless it's severe overpayment.
I think another, slightly bigger Ryan Callahan would do wonders for this club. And he is signed for 3.175 for the forseeable future, which is one of the biggest bargain contracts in the league.

He is only around a 10-15 goal, 20-25 point dropoff from Gaborik on their best years (Brown has outscored Gabby this year) but he hits, is better defensively, and is half the cap hit.

If we needed that inconsistant question mark gamebreaker, we could just take the remaining 4 mil and invest some of it in Gagne.

There is a reason I'm not an NHL gm, don't get me wrong. But I think we'd have to be out of our minds not to make a deal like that.