View Single Post
Old
08-06-2005, 09:46 AM
nashtrash25

vCash: 500
I'm not trying to be negative. Like I said if you people had read my post, I like the signing and think it will work out well. My only concern is that if this guy isn't the same player he was in Anaheim from 1995-00 that the fans will turn on him and call him a disappointment when I think 30-35 goals would be a pretty good year for him. Hey, if he's a 50-55 goal guy, fantastic.

Listen, I'm not a fan who follows blindly like a happy little dog. I feel it's important as a fan to look at all sides of the story, and I don't think what Kariya did in Colorado can be as easily dismissed as a lot of people on here. I live in Denver and am friends with some Avs personnel. You can blame Granato for a lot of things -- hell, I sure have -- and I think it was a mistake to not let Kariya and Selanne play on the same line. Still, Paul shouldn't have whined about it and tried to backstab Tony. Kariya made absolutely no friends here because of the perception that he didn't try hard enough to overcome those injuries and refused to play hurt. Now, does Paul have his side of the story? Sure. I'm just telling you that the front office in Colorado and front office in Anaheim perceive him to be a phony. Salary cap or no salary cap, Colorado didn't give a minute's thought to re-signing him.