View Single Post
Old
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i think this whole situation proves the nhl needs to change the points system we are 2-2 against carolina but they have the tiebreaker because they are 2-0-2 against us. they will win the head to head because they lost. this needs to change imo.
....I kinda find it funny any fan of the best shootout team in the NHL would criticize the point system or the tie breakers at all. First tie breaker is regulation wins anyway, which is how it should be. Considering your 9 shootout wins could be what gets your team into the playoffs, I think it's unreasonable to disagree with the current system.

Now forgive me for not going back and looking at your schedule, but if those losses were shootout losses or even just one of them then it is most definitely fair using logic (NHL emphasizing nonshootout wins, see: ROW).

Hope the Devils win, but wont be devestated one way or another. Want the best pick possible for the Devs, plus my old man would be furious to see the Rangers kept out on the last day again.