View Single Post
Old
08-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtrash25
We can argue the point back and forth, and that's cool with me. You might have watched Paul play 51 games last year, but I'm not talking about what he did in the gamees. 11 goals was disappointing, but yes, injuries did prevent him from living up to his potentail.

Listen, without revealing too much about myself, I have some special insight into the Colorado situation because I am very involved in the hockey community out here. I know a number of Avs players and people in their front office. I talk to them frequently in all kinds of environments -- hockey rinks, bars, etc.

The 03-04 Avalanche had a lot of problems, and it was apparent all season long. While nobody blames any one player or coach, No. 8 and No. 9 did not help matters in any way. Tony split them up once Paul got back from his injury, and things just went sour from there both in the dressing room and on the ice.

I am sure you can understand my skepticism when it comes to internet board posters who claim "inside knowledge". You may very well have it, but the fact of the matter is......the whole lockeroom for the avs last year was screwed up. Adam Foote was bad, Sakic slumped for half the season, they lost Patrick Roy for the first time in 7 years, Granato was over his head....VERY over his head, etc., etc. I can understand the sourness Kariya might have had because the way Granato treated Selanne was, well, bush league. That being said, I didn't see a lot of what your talking about. It could be true, but I didn't see it. Only time will tell on his signing with the Predators. I hope your wrong, but if your not, its only two years.