View Single Post
Old
08-06-2005, 12:39 PM
KariyaIsGod*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtrash25
We can argue the point back and forth, and that's cool with me. You might have watched Paul play 51 games last year, but I'm not talking about what he did in the gamees. 11 goals was disappointing, but yes, injuries did prevent him from living up to his potentail.

Listen, without revealing too much about myself, I have some special insight into the Colorado situation because I am very involved in the hockey community out here. I know a number of Avs players and people in their front office. I talk to them frequently in all kinds of environments -- hockey rinks, bars, etc.

The 03-04 Avalanche had a lot of problems, and it was apparent all season long. While nobody blames any one player or coach, No. 8 and No. 9 did not help matters in any way. Tony split them up once Paul got back from his injury, and things just went sour from there both in the dressing room and on the ice.
It doesn't matter though. Colorado may not have been a good spot for Paul and Teemu.

Bottom line though, this is a guy who just two seasons ago scored a point per game. It's not the Kariya of 96 but he still has that type of skill. A point a game would be a tremendous asset to the Preds...