View Single Post
Old
04-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
yeah. Something like this.
I was going to say that it is not Gaborik who stinks. This smell is all around. Sorry...
I understand what you're saying and I somewhat agree with you (of course). We all know what kind of player Gaborik was, is and probably always will be. This is simply put not his game. He's a counterattacker.

We need to change our offensive game, period, and that has nothing to do with Gaborik. Preferably, measures must be taken to improve the ice conditions in the Garden, because the terrible ice isn't helping and our records speak for it.

We need to move the puck away from the boards and get it in front of the net, with 1-2 of our own players in the slot, willing to screen, willing to deflect, hungry for the rebound. That is the only way a blue collar team can be successful. To win the battle in front of the net. That, and learning how to connect two frigging passes within the team in a row without losing the puck. And starting to make the rushes count.

A puck in front of the net should be enough to make Gaborik's goal scoring ability count. He's scored his fair share of "dirty goals" around the crease and he's good at it, when the rush opportunity is gone.

That might also have to do with Drury falling off the earth offensively. No puck in front of the net, no opportunistic offensive contribution from Drury, period.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-09-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote