View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Bejay03

vCash: 500
Seidenberg Interview

D. Seidenberg got interviewed by the german Hockey News. Here are some snippets:

On the question how he feels about his demotion to the Phantoms:

DS: "It's really bad luck. It's not like I am to bad. The problem is that nobody took Chris Therien in the Waiver and Piktanen got a three year/11.8 million dollar deal (best case scenario). They want to build him up to be a star."

Further down:
DS: ".....I hope that Therien is gone soon. Otherwise I need to find a way to get a trade myself."

The roprter asks if he is frustrated and how his motivation is:

DS: "The motivation to get back to the NHL is 100%, but of course I am frustrated. To ask for a trade now would not help though" ... "If I play my best hockey in the AHL, I can compete for any spot in the NHL team."

Repoter:" Do you think you are going back up soon?"
DS: "Alot of the other players have told me to be patient and that I wouldn't have to play long in the AHL. They say that Therien will be gone soon. The boys in the NHL team tell me often that I am one of them and would be playing together for a long time."

Reporter:"What if that's not the case?"
DS:"If the situation is unchanged in 6 months, I'll have to try to talk to the managment."

There is some more, but these were the interesting parts. If I made some mistakes in the translation, sorry about that, but I am positive I got the facts straight.