View Single Post
Old
04-09-2011, 11:57 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
So you do like the McIlrath pick? Not asking if you would have taken someone else over him. Just asking do you like him from what you've seen so far?
No, I don't. I think he's an inefficient player and I think he has a LONG way to go to be NHL-ready as far as the mental part of the game foes. He makes Garnet Exelby-like mistakes.

Quote:
Fair argument. Sauer certainly wasn't a bum by any means. And, if not for all the injuries, I always expected him to make an impact at the NHL level. Maybe I'm just more impressed, at how McIlrath is such a force on the ice.
The one thing that sets him a part from other players is his hitting, but the majority of his hits are the result of him chasing puck handles and giving up valuable positioning. As opposed to Michael Sauer, who might do something like that once a month.

Quote:
I'm assuming this was a mocking statement. I thought it was quite evident i was referring to each players style. Sauer focuses on more of a finesse game, although he does bring grit. Meanwhile McIlrath is just a mean, tough SOB.
Semi-mocking. It doesn't matter what style you play. What matters is making good decisions more often than not. Michael Sauer is a phenomenal decisionmaker. Rarely makes a mistake. Rarely goes to the wrong place on the ice. Rarely turns the puck over. Rarely gets beat one-on-one. And most of this was true about Sauer when he played juniors. McIlrath makes mistakes every other shift, and pretty gruesome ones. Mistakes that make you (or me, at least) want to bang my head against the wall and throw things at the computer screen/TV.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote