View Single Post
Old
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
A good start on improving this current squad would be cutting the dead wood - and for once not adding more in an offseason.

Whether he's your favorite player or not, you have to admit that Avery is now officially dead wood in terms of his contribution to the team. A player that provides his on-ice performance cannot provide his off-ice distractions. And he CERTAINLY can't be paid what he's paid. He needs to go. Drury needs to go. Boogie needs to go. Christensen is on the bubble as well (at least he's a relative bargain and could be put in the press box without any angst).

We need guys trending up, not down.
I'm not sure that Avery's game has gone totally south but if Torts doesn't trust him enough to give him decent ice time then...? He does have one year remaining and I don't think there's too many teams that are going to be interested in him and I wouldn't want him in Hartford with our prospects. A buyout?

Definitely want Drury bought out. He played pretty well today but the Rangers need to move on--especially having Richards in mind.

On EC I don't think it's necessary. I agree he's soft--he's inconsistent. He does have his moments and is an excellent shootout option and what is key in respect to him is he doesn't cost much.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote