View Single Post
Old
04-09-2011, 02:52 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Drury get the POTG for me. Coming back from a horrible injury-riddled year and scores a clutch goal in vintage Drury style. He also won some faceoffs and was noticeable on the ice. He looked like his old self today. Those hoping he will retire will be disappointed, I think. The Rangers will have a hard decision to make if they are considering buying him out.

Everyone played well today, other than some bad shifts in the first period. Dubinsky was a physical monster and was generating offense, Lundqvist shut the door after the Kovy goal, McD sniped his first goal, Prust rewarded for his effort once again, etc. The only disappointment was that Kovalchuk was a beast and is such a threat whenever he's on the ice, and I wish I could say the same for Gabby.

I'm proud of this team this year. They played well despite the injuries and growing pains.

Before the season started, I said "If the Rangers play hard night in and night out, I won't even care if they miss the playoffs." That still rings true right now. This team worked a thousand times harder than they did a season ago or the season before that. The youth and inexperience were frustrating at times but this was an exciting and enjoyable team to watch. Thanks, Rangers.
Well said. I like a lot of what developed this season. This team exceeded my expectations, especially with the year they got from Gaborik. Hell, go back to some of the pre-season predictions. I expected down years from both Prospal and Drury, but, not to where either player ended up. And, this team still can make the playoffs. So many good things...the assumption of leadership by Callahan, Dubinsky and Staal, the development of Anisimov, the arrival of Stepan, Sauer and McDonagh, the surprise production of Boyle and Prust...that's contributions from quite a few good young players. I think there's a lot to build on from this season.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote