View Single Post
Old
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I am not saying he's a terrible pick, either. I have come around on the pick. But he NEEDS to be better than Doug Murray, bro. If he ends up as only Doug Murray and players around him end up being much better... Well, I'll leave it at that.

We really need a player like his on our blueline. But I am praying he turns into more than Doug Murray. As much as I like Murray, too.
The last handful of drafts have been pretty great, but normally about 1/3 of a 1st round becomes good players. I've checked that many times (like with 2000-2005) being the sample, or something like that. You need to go back at least 5 years since some guys have good rookie years, but never establish themselfs et c (a kid like Korpikoski probably needs to be given like 7-8 years before you can tell if he becomes a good player or not).

If you get a player in the mid-first round, be it a just a solid nr 4 D or something like that -- you have done your job so to speak. Sometimes you get a Bobby Sanguinetti and sometimes you get a Marc Staal.

Natrually -- this team really needs to get that offensive player. That first line offensive forward. And I agree with you in the sense that it would be a biatch if we took McI and it then shows that like Tarasenko ends up scoring 90 pts for STL, but its a solid pick if he plays 10 years for us for sure.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote