View Single Post
Old
04-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Analyse: NJD play a % game, and just do not have the personel for it at this point. They gave away a lot of scoring chances, their blueline was pretty strong there for a while but without White and Volechenko, their D's overally are too weak. After like 15 minutes when they still held up one started to think "how on earth are you going to get scoring chances against this team?" like usual against NJD, but then we started to get odd-man rushes on a regular basis et c.

The good: McD/WW/Drury. We got a good showing from all three, which promise more for the future if there is a future.

The bad: Zucc. You know, he was in a slump before getting sent down. But kids get into slumps. I think Stepan has slumped a lot this season too, but it haven't been covered much. I kind of expected that Zucc go in there and play at the level he did for a month and a half ago, when he in several games were one, if not the, best forwards on this team. In some games he was the only one who created anything et c. He ran the PP. I got a breather, he got a mental break -- and I thought that was enough. I also thought that the biggest factor behind his demotion was the pretty weak environment he was in, along with the fact that we didn't have a better environment to offer him with Gabby and Cally taking up the top 2 RW spots.

But I gotta admit, he really looks worn out. He skates slower. He is in a hurry to get off ice to not get into trouble et c. Its only one game, but it seems like the kid needs a summer.

The Redden: I was hoping that we wouldn't miss Callahan all that much, I think we miss him more then anyone could have expected. At this point of the season a team isn't better then its weakest link, and for a while there we had a really strong chain but lacked that top notch offensive punch, which we could had gotten if only Gabby got going. But now without Cally, its like that chain is starting to fall apart too...

Last edited by Ola: 04-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote