View Single Post
Old
04-09-2011, 06:37 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

vCash: 500
My expectations for the Kings at the start of the season were fairly modest (in order of importance):

1. Make the playoffs
2. Finish a higher seed than the previous year's #6 spot
3. Better offensive production from Kopitar and Doughty
4. Make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs
5. Better backup goaltending with Bernier on board

Not everything has gone the way I hoped, but on the balance, I'm pleased where they are finishing the regular season. This is a very young team, and they are staged to continue to improve in the coming seasons. As fans, we should look to enjoy watching this team continue to progress.

These guys are proving that they aren't one year over achievers and have shown the ability to deal with adversity. They've developed an identity as a defensive minded hockey team. And while this isn't the most exciting brand of hockey, I'll take winning with defense over losing with the run and gun.

Brown has grown a ton as a captain. He's cut back on his flopping BS, and is sticking up for his teammates. His goals are up, and he's still got time to prove that he can put this team on his back when they need him to.

This last home game should be a fun one. The Ducks have a couple guys who are having great years and they've cut down on the undisciplined penalties. But I still don't like their D or their goal tending, and they've got their work cut out for them in the playoffs, just like the Kings do, no matter who they face. I got a feeling that Oscar and Penner will put up some points tonight and the Kings will roll. Go Kings Go!!!