Old
04-10-2011, 08:43 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Best piece Brooks has ever written...

"This is the team that generations of Rangers fans lusted for in their hearts, a band of blue-collar laborers who punched in and went to work. Most times, that is"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1J7qtlN6r

This has been a long time coming
It's more than just that...this team features a homegrown core - Staal, Dubi, Cally, AA, Stepan, Girardi, Sauer and Henke were all drafted or signed out of juniors by the Rangers, McD made his professional debut as a Ranger, and Boyle and Prust emerged as legitimate NHLers as Rangers. Plus, there are more goodies on the way. You'd have to go back a long way to find a Ranger team as removed from being mercenaries as this one. The fact that they are so young contributes to the closeness of the group. I cannot emphasize this enough....my expectations for this team were not high entering the season, but, this team is closer to my heart than any Ranger team since the mid-90's For all the reasons Brooks stated in his article today, it was essential for this team to make the playoffs after the season they had. Even if this team bows out in the 1st round, they needed to rewarded for their effort this year. no higher draft pick outweighs that value for this group of young players.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote