View Single Post
Old
04-10-2011, 10:55 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emodwarf View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you think happens to Wolski, Christensen, Avery and Boogey in this situation?
Not that I necessarily think what SSM was proposing is actually going to happen, but all of those players with the exception of Avery are garbage and need to be parted with. Not winners. Not essential to winning.

Avery, IMO, is another player suffering from the poor construction of the Rangers, like Drury and Gaborik. He could be a useful player if properly managed.

As for Kreider and Hagelin both making the team, I don't think it's likely. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Very strong possibility that Hagelin makes the team, I agree. But I'd imagine something more like:

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Zuccarello
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Valentenko-TBD (probably McCabe, he'd actually be truly useful if he was on the PP with Richards)

Lundqvist
Biron

Can't see Kreider cracking this team.

That's an imposing hockey club. That's a club that can roll some strong all-around lines at you.

Then, MAYBE at the next trade deadline, you look to make that move that puts you over the top if the team is playing well. Like a package of Girardi and Boyle and a mid-level prospect and/or a pick to get yourself a legit offensive defenseman to play with Staal. You move up a prospect to fill Boyle's place.