View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 06:52 AM
IGM

vCash: 500
I don't know about that. I went and asked about him on the B board and they all seem to think that his play in his own end was solid last year. The majority of them felt that he USED to be one of the best young two way D and that everyone was expecting him to be that kind of player again. He isn't and it doesn't look like he ever will be that guy again. That doesn't mean that he can't still be a very good young D though. His +/- was pretty good most of last year and while he was on the team to provide transition movement and O (which he was pretty good at) nobody seemed to think he was all that bad on his primary responsibility. (D)

The guy isn't going to be an All Star again any time soon but he would be as (cough) good as Modry at providing O and probably at least as good at providing D. I wouldn't go so far as to say that he wouldn't be in the league if not for his O contributions but, since you did, I guess you could say the same about every player. The only reason that any two way D men are in the league is because they can score. The only reason that Gretz was in the league was because he could score etc etc. I am just saying that scoring is a big part of BB's job and that should be the reason he is in the league.