View Single Post
Old
04-10-2011, 03:12 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
So we didn't win any big games this season to launch us in to the playoffs? I must have dreamed that Dallas and Anaheim games that were equally important to both teams. Seriously, people are cherry picking when they say we have never won big games. We have just not won enough to have real success in the playoffs.

I wish there would have been a better effort last night but I do understand how it was easy to let down after everything that has happened the last two months. Home ice would have been nice and maybe an advantage but let's not forgot we have had the 4 seed twice in our history and have went out pitifully in 5 both times.

I'm not going to judge this team on past teams failures. I'll judge them on their own merit.
And you're also putting a spin on games that are in the regular season. Big games are what happens in the post season. We have never won a game when we're facing elimination. We've won 1 road game in 5 series. We've never won a playoff series. Forgive me if I don't seem overly optimistic come playoff time with our team history.

When I see the team blowing leads like they have the last few weeks I beg to wonder if they've learned anything from the Chicago collapse last year. If they haven't, this will be a 5 or 6 game series and we'll talk in October.

I'm not saying they don't have it in them to win a series but until they do I'm cautiously optimistic at best.

We have the edge in goal. Our top pair is better than their top pair but I think overall the blue lines are about even. They have the edge up front. We'll see who steps up and who becomes the heroes for both teams. I hope that Erat is back and healthy and that the boys all step it up. It's gonna be a fun series to watch.