View Single Post
Old
04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
7th Player

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post
Take it for what it's worth, but I got a chance to meet and talk to Kirk Muller about two weeks ago. I asked him about potentially getting a promotion in Montreal, and he said he sure hopes so, but if he's given a head coaching gig anywhere in the league, he's gone. He said he was ready for it a few times. I also asked him about Guy Boucher's departure and if it were any indication that he was the heir apparent in Montreal, but he said everything with Guy happened so fast and they didn't want him to go. They couldn't hold him back with the amount of offers he received though.

As for speculation about Kirk Muller turning down offers last year, he told me that he didn't get a chance to talk to anyone because there's a window in his contract that allows him to talk to other teams, but he was never offered a job within that span. Had he been offered a head coaching gig though, he would have taken it.

So, all that to say, unless Jacques Martin is no longer our head coach this offseason, Captain Kirk is gone the moment he's offered a head coaching gig.
Great stuff!
I always loved Captain Kirk but it comes a time for someone professionally to move on (upwards that is).
So expect Muller to be coaching somewhere else next year, if he gets a job elsewhere.
Jersey seems to be a good fit. Problem is not sure Lou is very keen about bringing in another rookie coach.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote