View Single Post
Old
04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Sens1Canes2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
Not an excuse, unless the Canes team aren't professionals themselves. Games at home should be, at the very least, competitive. There's zero reason why they shouldn't be, especially if there's a decent crowd in the building. So to get shutout in the first two home games of the season, that's not going to work.

I don't expect 41 wins at home, but I expect the losses that happen at home to be because the Canes played hard and lost, not because they didn't show up until mid-way through the 2nd and only after the 3rd goal was scored.

In the 13 seasons the team has been in Carolina (excluding the lockout), they've made the playoffs 5 times. A poor number in and of itself. But add to the fact that of the 8 times they missed the playoffs, twice they had the chance to make it, at home, on the last game of the season. Yeah, that's not exactly fan appreciation.

And unless you were at those games, don't speak about being spoiled. To go through it once was unbelievable. To have it happen again, there are no words.

No where did I claim I was going to stop showing up for the games as well. I love the sport and the Canes are the closest outlet for the professional variety. I simply said if the team doesn't start taking home ice more seriously, if the organization stops being so hypocritical as far as what they say about the fans and what they actually give the fans as far as what's put on the ice, don't be surprised if the fans return the favor.
Dude, I'm not going to flame you, but you deserve to be. Badly.

Instead, I'll give you a reasonable response.

The coaching staff and the players want to win much more than you do. Much more. I can't even tell you how much more, because there are no words to describe the enormity of the chasm that exists between your "want" and theirs.

Do you have children? If so, your neighbors probably like your kids, and would most likely put themselves out for them. They'd likely miss a day of work, or give up a date night, etc., if your kids were in trouble and they were the only ones who could help. But, would they put their lives in danger for your kids? Would they risk death? Probably not. But you sure as hell would.

Get it?

You remind me of my college coach. He would act so upset if the team played badly, and would make it a habit of yelling at players, mid-round, to express his frustration. Problem was, this wasn't a "coach yelling at players" sport. It was golf. He acted like he cared more about my round than I did. Does that make sense? Of course not. I care the most about my game, by far.

You're doing the same thing with the Hurricanes. And it's really, really funny. In a bad way.