View Single Post
Old
04-10-2011, 09:20 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Wow, NJ screwed themselves over. Getting the 6th pick after a season like this is still something. 8th, it's probably not the same. I guess they can get a solid defenseman there, though. They badly need one.

If De Boer is smart, he'll go to NJ. That team has a much brighter future than Ottawa, although Spezza and Karlsson would be nice to have around. De Boer is a really good coach. He didn't have anything to work with in Florida. I think he'd do a lot for the Devils.

De Boer or Hitch would work for NJ, IMO.
I think DeBoer could work very well in NJ too, but there are a few things working against NJ in such a scenario. First, the Devils burn through coaches like the Rangers burn through UFAs. DeBoer has only coached one NHL team (Florida). If he faces a hickup early in the year, he very well could get booted out of NJ in short order, and that could have a major impact on his ability to ever coach in the NHL again.

Furthermore, Ottawa tried to hire DeBoar prior to him joining the Panthers. That might paint them in a brighter light than NJ.